Today’s workshop on  iMovie, Audacity and Screencastify  was a useful learning experience for me. I will have to remember to look over the workshop instructions again later on. Students in my classes have always amazed me with their ability to create movies, but I never knew how to do it myself. Although I think creating movies on iMovie may be a little to time intensive for an everyday lesson, iMovie could be great for documenting or for creating examples.  I also think it is really useful as a teacher to understand how applictions like iMovie work so that I can provide support to students who may want to use it in the future.

I also really liked the Audacity part of the workshop. My colleagues and I have taught a podcast unit in middle school before and never knew how to use this application. Although I am pretty sure some of the students used it, again it is good to have an idea of how it works.

I didn’t get a chance to try Screencastify yet, but I imagine it could be a very useful teaching tool. It could be used to show examples during class or videos could be given to students so that they could watch it on their own and at their own pace, all feeding into a universal design.

I had some fun playing around with video and audio from my son Noah after this workshop! Check out what I created!