Image by Gordon Johnson from Pixabay

The first class of 336 was today and I can’t rightly say how I am feeling. I know that I am definitely a supporter of the use of technology in classrooms, but I am also painfully aware of how ridiculously behind I am in terms of modern tools and even how to apply older technology tools. Having just come back from living and working in Indonesia as a middle school teacher, a rather large majority of the platforms and programs mentioned in class today were completely new to me. In Indonesia I was considered one of the technologically savvy teachers simply for being able to add some animation and colours into my PowerPoint presentations. Knowing how to source and make use of images or resources online commanded the respect of some of my less computer literate colleagues but hardly stretched my knowledge of technology into the realm of what is currently possible. So, now I am left feeling like a messy cloud of excitement to learn and anxiety about how to organize and acquire this new knowledge. In an attempt to regain a feeling of control I am going to read through the course outline and assigned readings slowly and try to begin considering topics for the first two assignments. Hopefully this confusion will eventually lead me down a road from which I can gain a clearer picture of the technologies now available and how they can be used to jazz up my future classrooms!